Lenco - Factory insights

…the time to expand…


After Lenco signed in 1953 a contract with ExLibris - and became their exclusive supplier for record  players - soon more room was necessary for a higher production capacity. In 1954 Fritz Laeng junior joined the company. He became the human resource and export manager. In 1956 Lenco could rent some rooms in the Rasolette building (owner H.Graf & Co. AG. Burgdorf). The final assembly for record players and the shipping department moved in this Rasolette building. They still needed more space that they found in Rüegsauschachen. In that place the production of tape recorders, flat irons and hair dryers was located.

Lenco’s additional rooms in Burgdorf

The need for more space was still present and in 1957 (August 30th) Lenco acquired a plot of land in Oberburg near the railway station to build a new factory and unite nearly all the external places in one building. On May 1st in 1959 the first department could move in.

The new factory in Oberburg

In 1960 the management was again increased by one member. Mr. Rudolf Laeng joined the company as an engineer and was entrusted with the management of the laboratory, development and construction. The order backlog and exports kept increasing.

© Copyright 2016 - 2021 – Urheberrechtshinweis

Alle Inhalte dieser Website, insbesondere Texte, Fotografien und Grafiken, sind urheberrechtlich geschützt. Das Urheberrecht liegt, soweit nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet, bei Max Aeschlimann. Bitte fragen Sie mich, falls Sie die Inhalte dieser Website verwenden möchten.

© 2016 - 2021 RESUS.CH ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Last Update: 26.11.2021

26.11.2021

- added technical information for the C 2003 tape deck


25.11.2021

- added the ‚Logos and Stickers‘ section